American Plastic Surgeons See More Patients in 2010
The American Society of Plastic Surgeons released U.S. plastic surgery statistics for 2010, and the number of surgical and non-surgical procedures that patients underwent has increased. Patients underwent 1,555,614 cosmetic surgery and 11,561,449 non-invasive procedures in 2010, compared to 1,521,409 cosmetic surgery and 10,972,592 non-invasive procedures in 2009.
The top five cosmetic surgery procedures in 2010 include:
- Breast augmentation: 296,203 procedures
- Rhinoplasty: 252,261 procedures
- Eyelid Surgery: 208,764 procedures
- Liposuction: 203,106 procedures
- Tummy Tuck: 116,352 procedures
The top five non-surgical procedures of 2010 include:
- Botulinum Toxin Injections: 5,379,360 treatments
- Soft Tissue Fillers: 1,773,328 treatments
- Chemical Peel: 1,144,865 treatments
- Laser Hair Removal: 937,602 treatments
- Microdermabrasion: 824,706 treatments
There were a few cosmetic surgery procedures that a handful of patients underwent. Only 806 patients underwent butt augmentation, 418 had calf augmentation, and just 222 patients had pec implants placed.
If you are interested in undergoing plastic surgery, contact the practice of Mark Deuber, MD, today.
Learn more about us and the procedures we offer in our video gallery.Watch Videos
QUESTIONS? SCHEDULE A CONSULTATION
We'd love to hear from you. Call 214.220.2712 or complete the form below.
Take a consultation from the privacy of your own home. A simple 3 step process.